"Not all who wander are lost."

Monday, June 28, 2010


This week we have decided to re-introduce ourselves to our blog followers. Since many of you know maybe one or two of us but most don't know us all we thought it would be fun to give you a little background info. Enjoy getting to know each of us as we have enjoyed getting to know each of you!

Name: Leslie Maddox

Married: yes to Josh for 16 blissful years!

Age: not the oldest and not the youngest!!!

Children: Garrett(15), Paige (13) and Morgan (12)

Dream Belle Trip: Greek Isles if trip is abroad and California wine country stateside

Motto to live by: If you don't try you won't ever know!

I always hate those times when you are asked to describe yourself with one adjective! The reason being is that I can never do that! You know when you take those aptitude test that tell you what side of the brain you use most in order to decide if you are creative, analytical, calculating, etc? Well, I always score right down the middle!!! So I guess that makes me the organized creative one in the group! The girls often make fun of my compulsive desire to organize every detail but let it be said I am ALWAYS the one they go to for answers about what we are doing!

A native of Augusta, Georgia, I have always loved to travel. My husband, children and I love the idea of adventure and often take excursions instead of vacations so that we can explore the unknown! I have an undergraduate degree in history and have always dreamed of visiting all the places that I have studied! My idea of a perfect trip is one where I can find the off beaten path that only the locals know. If I can become a part of the town for the time I'm there and really get a flavor for how it is to live there I am happy. If I can make a friend to stay connected to the place forever -- even better!

How did I become a belle? As my children have grown out of the "playdate" mode I realized that I was missing the presence of girlfriends in my life. Enter the bellehopping group! As we all traveled to Las Vegas for Shannon's birthday it was obvious that we had found something that we all were craving! Friends and fellowship!!! I look forward to each outing, event or trip because it gives me the opportunity to spend time with these wonderful women who each add to my life and my enjoyment of the group!

Each of us brings something different to the group. All a part of a whole. I am the one who handles all the details, reads the fine print, makes the schedules, puts in the calls. I organize the trips! I most likely fell into this position because I'm a little bit of a control freak :) but honestly I LOVE being in the know. Good with surprises -- that's not me! I need to know that everything is worked out and the details are handled and then I can sit back and relax! I am also of a closet artist and love to use my creative side so if we have a party I handle the decorations and theme -- just cause it makes me happy and makes the belles happy!

Being a belle has given me the opportunity to make new friends, build on established friendships, step out of my box and take chances. I was always the rule follower and that's not a bad thing but I am learning that it's ok to take chances and try new things. I love seeing new places. I love that I can be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend because I am doing things that make me happy! I want to inspire my children to dance through life and enjoy the moment. For me it is part of what defines me -- gives me fresh air and just makes me smile!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Loved reading your blog! What would we ever do without your primo orginizational skills?? I enjoyed getting to know you better! Thank you for sharing!