The Belles are at it again -- hitting the road -- well actually the skies to attend the Sundance Film Festival. Excitement is in the air and our texting and facebook messaging is out of control! There is of course a lot to discuss -- whether or not to bring furs, how many movies can be seen, what is the weight limit for a checked bag, who is daring to be seen in a bathing suit, etc. We are of course first and foremost women and the important things must be addressed.
As we address the real "important" issues :) how do we, as belles, keep the details of the trip together?
Here are some tips that really help us.
1. Most all reservations can me made online these days and the belles certainly take advantage of this. This means that everything arrives through email for the most part with our confirmations. Keep a file in your email system labeled by trip and drop all of your emails that pertain to the trip into that virtual folder. This keeps everything in one place and you have quick access.
2. Desinate one person to be the "organizer or detail keeper". For the belles that's me, Leslie. Truthfully, I'm a bit of a control freak. I would keep copies of everything anyway if someone else was the detail person.
3. Have some sort of binder, notebook, or file folder with paper copies when you leave for your trip. I use a file portfolio and label the tabs: airlines, hotel, activities, meals, etc. I find that having a paper copy has saved me many times when my iphone can't access my email because of no wifi and such. I am the cental file keeper for everyone in our group!
4. When we travel we like to gather info -- cards of people we meet, a brochure of a great activity, a name of a fabulous restaurant or a website to a great store we found. Use a purse size journal to keep all of the info you gather together for the trip. I find that this journal becomes a memory book of such and when people ask us about trips we have great info at our fingertips to give out.
5. Photos can be hard to organize for a group trip. Our trick is to take a laptop with us and everyone hands over their memory card to download once or twice on the trip before we leave. This is very important if you want to share pictures! You will never get everyone's pictures if you don't make an effort to do it while on the trip. The great part about this is that we have access for everyone by loading to a share site, facebook or our blog. We also LOVE to make photo books of our trips and this makes it much easier.
So, the belles are so ready for some great time with each other, seeing some old friends, and of course seeing as many movies as possible. We are busy talking to each other about the loves of the travelling but thanks to our tricks we aren't burdened with the details!
Make sure and follow us on facebook at our bellehopping page, twitter (yes this is a new one for us :) and our blog -- best place to see some great pics! We want to share it all with you!