"Not all who wander are lost."

Friday, February 12, 2010

Gazing at the Stars...and I don't mean the ones in the sky!


Well after spending the last week, okay maybe two, in a state of SWD...or Sundance Withdrawal Depression...I am now ready to write (type) my little fingers off about the Belles wonderful trip. What an experience...one that I have wanted to have for SO long...thank you Shannon for asking me every year and for allowing it to happen this time!
When the Belles talked about seeing films...I mean, thats why you go to Sundance...never in my wildest dreams did I envision seeing as many as we did. I figured we would probably see one a day...ummmm....that would be a negative! We saw movies from sun up to sun down...factor in also the times we waited in line to get tickets to those movies we didn't already have tickets to and you can say our days and nights revolved around seeing amazing films. Not to mention the question and answer sessions after each movie. I had heard about these but I was blown away when the actual actors would come out and talk to the audience.
I am a pop culture junkie...and I love celebrity news. I am a faithful and loyal subscriber to US Weekly and watch the "news" every evening on the E channel. But nothing truly prepared me for actually seeing with my own two eyes actual movie stars walking beside me, in stores, in restaurants and in the various theaters where we viewed the films. Of course Shannon informed me I had to act cool and not take pictures or gawk at them...and I did...but the wonderful memories I have of seeing them, being next to them on a shuttle bus or get this...having them sit behind me in the theater...and YES...this happened... are all memories I will cherish!
Orlando Bloom was probably one of the biggest stars we saw....others were Mark Ruffalo, Juliette Lewis, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Josh Radnor, Parker Posey, Jason Ritter...just to name a few. We also saw the actors and directors from many of the foreign films and documentaries we saw and a few times you could even see a celebrity while you were waiting to get in the theater. James Franco anyone?? And for all you reality television show viewers out there....I saw Constantine from American Idol fame and in the fur boutique I was standing next to Gretchen from the Real Housewives of Orange County. Jon Gosselin was also there that week but much to my dismay I didn't get to run into him~rats!!!
Yes, I did indeed have stars in my eyes...I will never forget being that close to some of Hollywood's finest. For this Southern Belle it was a dream come true!

No comments: